Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Almost there




So far, today has been the hardest in our journey to become foster care certified. Up until now, everything required has been about Tim and I. From the mounds of paperwork and hours and hours worth of training, to getting our home all ready for baby...it's all been adult stuff. We've never had to ask anything of our children. I have held off on this one thing for as long as we could- the kids' dreaded TB test...And, to make matters worse, I took them all by myself, like a moron. What in the world was I thinking? It was slightly less than a nightmare. I lied to the kids and told them that it was for school because a lie in this situation seemed to make more sense, or at least it did in the moment. When we left, all four of us were crying. Afterwards, we met Tim for lunch because Mexican food fixes everything (it's true). Tim is so wonderful with the kids. He explains things so simply to them. He told them the truth (guess he's the honest one out of the two of us) and you know what, they listened and their little hearts heard him. A little shot is the very least we can do to be able to open up our home to a baby sister. We spoke about where she may be coming from and the sacrifices we need to make to be able to offer our family to her. Though he was explaining it on their level, it was totally hitting my heart. Being obedient to God's call for your family isn't easy, but I trust the minute we open the door to our forever daughter, or our for a time daughter, all the hoops and stuff will make sense. I know it will. We really are now just waiting to have our homestudy scheduled and then we'll be official! I can hardly believe we're almost there!









No comments: