Thursday, July 2, 2015

Off the chain


Yesterday was one of those off the chain parenting days, where you question everything, desperately need to turn on a movie, but realize you took away all media- dang the rules!- and then stare at the clock until it's a reasonable time to have a glass of wine- 5:01pm, but in my case, whenever I hear the sound of the garage door opening.

Tim's home. My rock. My helper. (I love you!)

Just when I thought everyone was all cozy in their beds and I could settle down for a nice dose of YouTube's "Best Fails"...(treadmill fails really turn it around for me) someone...who will remain nameless, had a little mishap with an outlet. Awesomeness. Guess outlet covers really are absolutely and completely still necessary.

Did I mention we're about to have four kids?
Some days I feel like I can barely catch my breath, putting out fires left and right (metaphorically, of course), but without fail, God follows my craziest days with a deep understanding of what His Word says and how it applies to every aspect of parenting.





Jesus Calling, for today, reads:





"TRUST ME in the depths of your being. It is there that I live in constant communion with you. When you feel flustered and frazzled on the outside, do not get upset with yourself. You are only human, and the swirl of events going on all around you will sometimes feel overwhelming. Rather than scolding yourself for your humanness, remind yourself that I Am both with you and within you.



I Am with you at all times, encouraging and supportive rather than condemning. I know that deep within you, where I live, My Peace is your continual experience. Slow down your pace of living for a time. Quiet your mind in My Presence. Then you will be able to hear Me bestowing the resurrection blessing: Peace be with you.






Beautiful description, right?





Happy Thursday (that's like Friday)! Yay!!!



No comments: