Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Rock-a-bye


Our sweet Sadie girl has been sick for nearly a week. I've been running on a combo of Plexus and a prayer! The dr said it was just a virus and that we just needed to let it run it's course. Most of the time, the course doesn't last so long, so it's been really hard on her. I'm so ready for that sparkle to come back in her eyes.






On a good note, we are just waiting to be assigned a case writer. This will be the person who will cover our homestudy. Praise the Lord that the reason it is taking so long to get assigned is that there are a lot of families becoming certified right now. In turn, this gives my kids extra time with their beloved trampoline. That's going to be one sad day for them (and for mama)! I've been so proud of how they've understood the rule against trampolines while fostering. They didn't at first, but they've come around. When we started the foster care route, it seemed like such a personal decision- between Tim and I, but I have quickly realized that all five of us are being stretched and refined through this journey and we don't even have a baby yet.









I've found myself thinking about her a lot lately. Sadie has been wanting to be rocked a lot this past week, since she's felt so bad, and the rocker is in the baby's room. I love how the arms and seat are worn down. So many memories. The rocker was a baby gift to my parents, from my Grandmother and Grandpa. My mom rocked my sister and I...My Aunt Carla rocked my two cousins...and I have rocked all three of mine.






It's hard not to picture our daughter in the nursery, and all the babies who could find themselves in our home, for a time. I think that's the thing that I can't get over just yet...That we will very likely not know how long a baby will be with us. You have to be all in. I know me and I know that won't be my stumbling block. I think that's where trusting them to the Lord and dedicating them at our doorstep, will be the best thing we ever do.









So, I think we're ready. Sadie keeps saying that it feels like Christmas and sometimes I feel the same. It really is very possible for the kids to go to sleep one night and wake up the next morning with a sister. It's such a weird feeling of being anxious for different reasons. For being excited to get her here and deeply saddened and scared for what she will go through to get into the system to be brought to us.






Thank you to every one who asks about how things are going. We're so close!








No comments: