Monday, March 2, 2015

I see the light

(Holden's writing his own movie. It's called "Left Behind" but it's about war, of course).


On Friday, I got a call from the school nurse, telling me that Holden had an ear infection and pink eye (which made 4 of us). I wish you could have seen us picking him up...the littles and I were still in our pajamas...we were a sight! We looked like death warmed over. Tim and I had the medicine assembly line down. It was like calf roping. After 14 solid days of someone being sick, yesterday, we saw the light. Thank you: antibiotics, ear drops, eye drops, and Netflix for getting us through.

As much as I love having all the kids at home, I have to say...I am looking forward to Tuesday and Thursday when everyone is at school and I can snap this house back into shape. A few months ago, when Sadie began preschool, I was so emotional about them all being away from me. Several of my friends reassured me by saying that I was going to love this time and be able to get so much done and it's so true! I miss the kids so much, but I am able to tackle so much, it's unreal.

On my list for tomorrow:
laundry
laundry
laundry
put it away

To get back into the swing of things, I am making Mix and Match Mama's Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta for dinner tonight. I'm so thankful I met Shay. I now make bundt cakes and bars. You're welcome, family. She has those real life recipes that are reasonable for a mom of three to squeeze into her day. Check out her blog!

No comments: