Friday, September 12, 2014

Oh Happy Day


Did you hear about our crisis?... Somehow, during our cross-country move to Texas, Holden's beloved Star Wars movie was lost. I hate to say it because I know there are a lot of die hard Star Wars fans out there, but I just don't get it...But Holden does and he could talk about it 24/7. It's really sweet, so I play along and act like I get it. Maybe he knows I don't and that's why he keeps explaining everything in such detail to me :) Anyway, he would literally tear up often when he thought about it being lost forever. It was pitiful. But...the other day, Fount found it! I'm so happy that I was able to capture this moment between the two of them. Holden was over the moon with happiness!




Last weekend, Tim was in Austin for work... (Thanks, honey, for not eating glorious BBQ without me. That was love!!) It was just the kids and I for Friday and Saturday. They were just precious for me, thank goodness :) Every Friday night, we have Family Movie Night. Some times we watch an oldie...Other times, we let them rent/buy one from Amazon and last Friday was one of those special times. I was soooo happy when they picked Home Alone 2: Lost in NYC. Classic!
(Despite how this picture looks...I promise I don't have vampire teeth).
We laughed so hard! I surprised myself by knowing exactly where to scream (That's what Tim and I do when we know a word we don't use is coming up. It works like a charm. Although, I'm pretty sure they think I have turrets. Oh the things you do for your kids...)



I've been so proud of the kids. They've had such a major life change and they have handled it beautifully. Tim and I prayed and prayed that the move would be easy on them and God truly honored our request.

Our home is starting to become home...People are starting to become friends...
I couldn't be more thankful.

No comments: